services>trade mark registration>Taiwan
Search: US$350(1) Search for availability per class code
(2) Search results returned back by fax in 7-10 working days
(3) Covers Direct Hits and Close Matches in English and Chinese
Registration: US$680(1) per class code
(2) Prepared and submitted in 1-2 weeks
(3) Clerical office actions generally answered for free
(4) Monthly follow ups of your mark through out the entire unopposed registration process (via e-mail)
Domestic Representative / Power of Attorney Fees: NILDue to the language and time differences, we work with an attorney in Taiwan who assists us in translating and interpreting the correspondence from the MOEAIPO. However, we do not offer any legal advice through out the process.
Government Filing Fees: US$188(1) per class code, payable to the MOEAIPO (we do so on your behalf).
Title Services: US$100
Summary of Fees$350 Search
$288 Government Filing Fee & Title fee
Required Documents & Services1. A simply signed power of attorney indicating the name of the signatory. If the applicant is a Japanese company, the applicants' company seal and representative's seal must be affixed.
2. The list of the goods to be covered by the application.
3. Twenty prints of the trademark, not exceeding 5x5 cm.
4. Evidence of use such as catalogues, brochures, invoices, labels, advertisements, packaging etc. or an intent-to-use declaration.
(1) Applicants originating from the USA, Australia and France may claim priority.
How Long Does It Take to Get A Registration?Generally, 6-10 months to get to the first review, then another 6-10 to go through the publication period (the waiting plus the 3 months of the opposition period). Then another 2 months to issue the registration certificate. So a total of 14-22 months.
Do I Still have to TM in Taiwan if I have already done China or Hong Kong ?Yes. As of early 2001, both of these Chinese territories were still handling their own trademark work, separate from Mainland China.
How Long Is My Registered Trademark Valid?For 10 years.