services>trade mark registration>New Zealand
Search: US$350(1) Search per mark in all Class Codes
(2) Search results returned back by e-mail within 4 days
(3) Covers Trademark database and Corporate Name database
Registration: US$390(1) per mark
(2) Covers 1-3 class codes
(3) Prepared and submitted within 1-2 weeks
(4) Clerical office actions generally answered for free
(5) Quarterly follow ups of your mark through out the entire unopposed registration process (via e-mail)
Domestic Representative / Power of Attorney Fees: US$450
Government Filing Fee: US$80Per class code, payable to the IPONZ (we do so on your behalf).
Title Services: NILAt this time there is no title fee due at the end of the process.
Summary of FeesUS$350 Search
US$80 Government Filing Fee
US$450 Domestic Representative Fee
Required Documents & Services1. A simply signed power of attorney.
2. Prints of the trademark (not required for word mark).
3. Statement whether or not the trademark has been used in New Zealand. If the user is not the applicant, statement about the particulars of the proposed user.
4. Priority document with its certified English translation, if priority is to be claimed.
5. List of goods and the classes pertaining thereto.
How Long Does It Take to Get A Registration?New Zealand trademark process moves quite quickly. Your application will be reviewed within 1-2 weeks and you will be advised of acceptance, or an office action will be generated. You have twelve (12) months in which to answer an office action (we answer all clerical office actions for free).
How Long Is the Opposition Process?The opposition period lasts for 90 days. If no opposition is filed, the title certificate will be issued within 6 months from the end of the opposition period.
How Long Is My Registered Trademark Valid?7 Years from the date of application (not registration), or from the priority date claimed.