services>trade mark registration>japan
Search : US$650(1) per class code
(2) Search results returned back by email/fax in 14 working days
(3) Covers Direct Hits and Close Matches in English and Japanese
Registration: US$900(1) per class code
(2) Prepared and submitted in 1-2 weeks
(3) Clerical office actions generally answered for free
(4) Monthly follow ups of your mark through out the entire unopposed registration process (via e-mail)
Domestic Representative / Power of Attorney FeesDue to the language and time differences, we work with an attorney in Japan who assists us in translating and interpreting the correspondence from the JPO and also offers very limited legal advice through out the process. The cost for this service has been included in the Registration fee (above).
Government Filing Fees: US$650$650 per class code, payable to the JPO (we do so on your behalf).
Title Services: US$1,200There is an additional fee to complete the registration process once your trademark registration has been approved. At this time it is approximately $1,200 per class code.
Summary of Fees$650 Search
$650 JPO Fee
US$2,200 (+ $1,200 due at the END of the process = US$3,400)
Required Documents & Services1. Six prints of the trademark (not required for word mark).
2. A certified copy of the basic application if priority is to be claimed.
3. The list of goods and/or services to be covered by the application and classes pertaining thereto.
How Long Does It Take to Get A Registration ?Currently it is taking between 20-24 months to get a trademark in Japan.
How Long Is My Registered Trademark Valid ?For 10 years.